Monday, May 06, 2013

Seattle

I love Seattle and I'm so grateful to live here. I moved here in December of 2011 to Northgate which is only 9 miles from downtown Seattle. It's so close, I could walk. It would be a little tricky, if I walked but still possible. I know because my son has run to work before and he lives in Green Lake. I know I could walk to Green Lake and all I would have to do is follow his route that he uses to run to work which is to go along Aurora until you get close to the Space Needle and then head towards 3rd and Union. Maybe someday when I am particularly adventurous, I will.

Every day is an adventure in Seattle because so much is here. It's such a grand and glorious city. It has all the ingredients of a big city with all the culture and the arts. I know that not everything is perfect but it sure is as close as it comes. It has an amazing symphony, art museum, the Dale Chihuly Glass Museum, the Woodland Park Zoo, the Pacific Science Center, Broadway plays, great restaurants, the Pike Place Market, and on and on and on. The list just keeps going. It's endless as to the possible wonderful things you could do. They keep adding to it all the time. All you have to do is open the Seattle Times to see what is next.

I can't do it all but it's there. It's out there. Seattle has perfect weather, not too cold, not too hot. I don't like hot weather. I can deal with cold weather a lot better than hot weather.

We have a great mayor and a great governor. All is well in Seattle. If something happens in Seattle, they quickly figure it out and handle it. Things get done. Seattle has everything and the best part is that it is an international city where people from all over the world come and live in peace. Pretty good.

No comments: